Your resource for useful tools and timely information for MI underwriting with Genworth. Plus, get credit policy updates, guidance on QA reviews, and appraisal information.
To submit documents related to a Quality Assurance Loan Review, visit our Secure Submission portal.
This Quarter's Underwriting Tips
Each quarter, our Risk QA team publishes a list of top delegated underwriting errors. Here are a few from Q4 2018's list:
- Assets were not documented as required by program or AUS guidelines.
- Gift funds were not disclosed or lacked proper documentation.
- Excessive seller contributions.
Find all their errors and corrective actions in this downloadable guide:
QA Tips for Underwriters
Here are our top overall QA tips to make sure your loan is processed faster:
- Proofread all information and check for inconsistencies
- Make sure 2 years' of employment history and resident history is included
- Follow all necessary guidelines - GSE, Lender, Investor, MI
- Flag any concerns in the app
Download our full document of QA Tips:
Credit Policy and Updates
Find any changes made to Genworth MI's credit policy on our Underwriting Guidelines page.